SABO Outdoors Privacy Statement
Last Updated: August 10, 2023
We at SABO respect your concerns about privacy and value the relationship we have with you. Accordingly, we have prepared this Privacy Statement to explain what information about you we collect, as well as how we collect, use, and disclose such information. This Privacy Statement describes our practices in connection with this website (https://sabooutdoors.com/) and other information collection sources. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All capitalized terms not otherwise defined have the same meaning as in our Terms of Service.
- Categories of Personal Data
The personal information we collect may include the following categories of information (collectively “Personal Data”):
- Identifiers (e.g. name, postal address, email address, phone number, IP address, account name and login information, etc.)
- Financial Information (e.g. account number, debit card or credit card number, account password, etc.)
- Geolocation data (e.g. precise or approximate location determined by your IP address, mobile or other device’s GPS, etc.)
- Device and Browser Information (e.g. language preference, operating system, internet protocol (IP) address, and online browsing data)
- Background Information (e.g. reports of criminal records, sex-offender registrations, and other information about you)
- Collection of Personal Data
We collect information from a variety of sources and in a variety of ways, including but not limited to, the following:
- When You Provide It To Us. When you visit our website, signup to receive communications from us, set up your Account, or complete the Contact Us form on the site, you may provide (or we may collect) contact and other personal information such as Identifiers, as well as Device and Browser Information. In addition, you may choose to give us additional information when you post a User Contribution. This information may include your gender, preferred language(s), city, and a personal description, or any other additional information you choose to provide. Some of this language as indicated in your account settings is part of your public profile page and will be publically visible.
- When You Make a Purchase. When you make a purchase on our site or through us, we or our service provider(s) collect Financial Information. We also collect Electronic Network Activity Information about repeated transactions on our site or through us.
- When You Visit our Website or use our App. When you visit or access our website, your browser automatically sends certain information such as Clickstream Data, as well as Browser and Network Information.
- From Third-Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to the SABO Platform with a third-party service provider (e.g., Google, Facebook), you direct that service provider to send us information such as your registration, and profile information as controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- From Referrals and Invitees. If you are invited to the SABO Platform, for example, as an Invitee on a Reservation, the person who invited you can submit personal information about you such Identifiers.
- Other Sources. We may receive additional information about you from third-party service providers and/or partners, such as Background Information, references, demographic data, or information to help detect fraud and safety issues. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the SABO Platform, or about your experiences and interactions from our partners. We may receive health information, including but not limited to, health information related to contagious diseases.
- Use of Personal Data
We use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- Communicating with you. We use the contact information you provide to communicate with you, send news and promotional information, provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and respond to your inquiries.
- Enabling you to communicate with other Users. We will use the contact information you provide to facilitate communications between Guests, Hosts, and Invitees.
- Communicating with Invitees. If you provide us with your Invitees’ Personal Data, we may process this information to: (i) facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) share your Reservation details, (iii) detect and prevent fraud, and (iv) facilitate your requests or for any other purpose you authorize.
- Administrative purposes. We use your information to process your transactions, provide customer service, collect Background Information, and assist you with inquiries about our services. We may also use such information for fraud prevention, security investigations, and risk assessment efforts.
- Linking third party accounts. You can link your SABO account with certain third-party services such as Google and Facebook. When you use a third-party service to access your SABO account, we may use data from that third-party service to validate your identity.
- Marketing purposes. We use your information for marketing purposes including, but not limited to, notifying you of special promotions, offers, and events via email, direct mail, social media, and other means.
- Improving our website. The information we collect helps us customize content on our website, facilitate access to our website, develop new products, services, features, and functionality, and recognize a computer or device that has visited our website before.
- Data analytics purposes. We combine information about our visitors to our website to produce aggregated statistical information that helps us understand the frequency of visits to our site, the pages visited, and the features clicked.
- Legal purposes. We also use the information we collect where necessary to (a) protect against, and identify, fraud and other commercial activity, (b) comply with law or a legal obligation to which we are subject, (c) enforce the Terms of Service, Host Addendum, or any other SABO Policy, or (d) exercise or defend against legal claims.
We may share or disclose the information we collect with:
- Contractors, Agents, or Business Partners. To enable them to perform services for us, including running our website, sending communications for us, executing marketing programs and promotions, and processing payments. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose your information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- Law Enforcement. We may also share the information with law enforcement or other government entities: (a) if we believe there has been a violation of our website policies; (b) if we believe that someone may be causing injury to our rights or property, other users, or anyone else; (c) to respond to judicial process or to provide information to law enforcement; or (d) as required by law.
- Other Users. To help facilitate Reservations and other interactions between Users, we may share Personal Data in situations such as (a) when a Reservation is made, confirmed, or canceled, (b) when a dispute or a User Claim is made, (c) when an Invitee is added to a Reservation, or (d) when you choose to make such information publically visible to users as part your Account, a Listing, or a User Contribution.
- Hosts’ Service Providers. Hosts may use third-party services to help manage or deliver their Host Services, such as cleaning services, lock providers, and game wardens.
We will keep the Personal Data we collect for as long as is reasonably necessary to achieve the purpose for which you provided it, or to the extent necessary for us to protect our rights, or as otherwise required by applicable laws.
- Essential cookies enable you to navigate our website and to use our services and features. Without these cookies, our website will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like, and we may not be able to provide certain core functions and features.
- Analytics cookies collect information about the use of our website and enable us to improve the way it works. For example, analytics cookies show us the most frequently visited pages and analyze site traffic. We use them to look at overall patterns of usage on the site, rather than the usage of any particular individual.
- Social Media cookies collect information about your visit to our site, but only when you are logged in to your social media account.
- Customer interaction cookies allow us to communicate with you, including real-time communication through our chat feature.
- Marketing cookies track browsing habits and are used to deliver targeted (interest-based) advertising. You can opt out of receiving interest-based ads for web properties here (Digital Advertising Alliance’s WebChoices).
Most browsers are set up to accept cookies automatically. You can deactivate the storing of cookies or adjust your browser to inform you before the cookie is stored on your computer. Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals.
- Social Media
- Your Communication Preferences
If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, you may do so by either via the settings on the App, or by contacting us as provided in Section 16 (Contact Us). Although you may opt-out of the use of your information for marketing purposes, we may still use your information for non-marketing purposes.
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your SABO Account by logging in to your Account. If you connected your SABO Account to a third-party service, like Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and unlink from that service in your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your Personal Data up to date. If you would like to cancel your SABO Account entirely, you can do so by logging in to your Account. Please also note that your User Contributions may continue to be publicly available on the SABO Platform in association with your first name, even after your SABO Account is cancelled.
- California Shine the Light
- California's “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section §1798.83) permits California residents that have an established business relationship with us to request certain information regarding our disclosure of certain types of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year.
- Children’s Online Privacy
This website is not directed to or intended for use by individuals under the age of eighteen (18). We do not knowingly collect any information, including Personal Data from individuals under the age of eighteen (18). If we learn that a user under the age of thirteen (13) has volunteered Personal Data on the site, we will take immediate steps to delete such information from our active databases.
- Links to Third Party Sites
From time to time, we may provide links to unaffiliated third-party websites. Those websites operate independently from us and our affiliates and may have their own privacy statements in place which we commend you review if you visit any linked websites. The ability to access information of third parties from our website, or links to other websites, locations, products, or services, is for your convenience and does not signify our endorsement of such third parties, their services, other websites, locations, or their contents.
- Integrated Third Party Services.
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of your information. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification.
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement periodically. When we do so, a new version will be posted on our website with a new “last updated” date. If there are material changes to our Privacy Statement, we will post a prominent notice on our website and/or provide other notice as required by law. Once the Privacy Statement becomes effective, your continued access to or use of the SABO Platform will be subject to the revised Privacy Statement.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, you can contact us by email, phone, or at the postal addresses below. Please note in your communication that you are making a “Privacy Inquiry.”
- 204 N 4th ST, Albemarle, NC 28001